Planar Transformer as part of a multi-layer Printed Circuit Board
Custom design of all types of planar inductors and transformers for high-frequency DC-DC converters (power supplies) with input voltage from 0V to 150V and output voltage from 0.6V to 48V and output power from 3W to 1000W.
Advantages of using planar transformers and chokes
- compact dimensions that enable the use in portable equipment with a high density of electronic components;
- optimal for the development of high-efficiency pulse converters;
- good thermal characteristics;
- simplicity and reliability in production;
- reduction in cost due to the use of copper sections of layers of a multi-layer printed circuit board;
- the possibility of using automatic SMD editing.
Structurally, planar transformers or planar inductors are divided into several types:
- integrated in the printed circuit board;
An example of a hinged planar transformer made on the basis of a multilayer printed circuit board is presented below:
Depending on the technical characteristics, planar transformers can have different versions.
Power supply using planar transformers
The figure below shows the module of the power unit developed by the Terratel company using planar transformers.
In this power supply there are hinged planar transformers (Fig. 3 -2, -3) and a transformer integrated into the printed circuit board (Fig. 3 -1).
Power supply with integrated transformers and inductances.
Terratel accepts orders for the development and manufacture of planar transformers and inductances, as well as orders for the development and manufacture of power supplies (DC/DC converters) using planar transformers.