V5.2 interface to SIP Converter, LE or AN mode
- up to 16 E1 interfaces
- up to 480 VoIP channels
- V5.2 and SS7, ISDN PRI, V5.1, R2 CAS, R2 MFC
- SIP, RTP, RTCP, TCP, UDP
- voice codecs G.711, G.723, G.726, G.729
- registration and authentication – up to 5000 SIP-subscribers
- fax over G.711, T.38 fax relay
- Single/Dual-redundant 220 VAC or 48/60 VDC Input
Support of all types of signallings being used on the PSTN network allows to use the equipment for reconstruction and upgrade of all types of automatic telephone exchange used on a network. Effective integration TDM to NGN and IMS networks.
Terratel SIP to V5.2 Gateway can be connected with interface V5.2 as Local Exchange (LE) and Access Network (AN).
V5.2 to SIP Gateway supports the following signaling protocols:
- SS7 (or Signaling System #7, CCS7 Common Channel Signaling System 7, C7, CCITT7, N7 Signalisierungssystem Nummer 7);
- ISDN PRI (or Euro-ISDN, E-DSS1, simply EDSS1);
- R2 CAS;
- R2 MFC;
- R2 DTMF.
IP-PBX supporting value added services
This functionality allows to use the gateway as IP-PBX that can register up to 1000 SIP subscribers and provide them with value added services. In addition the gateway software allows to “display” TDM network subscribers (for example, subscribers of remote exchange capacities connected to the gateway over V5.2) with SIP accounts of VoIP network with assigned authentication parameters.
- Support all types of alarm system being used on TDM/PSTN network;
- Possibility of implementation of IP-TDM, TDM-IP and TDM-TDM connections
V5.2 to SIP Gateway, Access Network (AN) connection
We offer the gateway for upgrading telephone networks featuring multiple V5.2 interfaces.
There are 2 options for using this gateway based on tasks to be solved.
Option 1 is used when it is required to replace the TDM Switch with the SoftSwitch. If multiple subscriber nodes are connected to the TDM Switch over the V5.2 interface they can be switched to the SoftSwitch using the gateway as indicated on the following figure.
In this option Terratel SIP to V5.2 Gateway connect with interface V5.2 as Access Network (AN).
In this case the V5.2 interface disconnects from the TDM Switch and connects to the gateway that is connected to the SoftSwitch via the SIP data communications network.
SIP to V5.2 Gateway, Local Exchange (LE) connection
Option 2 is used when it is required to connect VoIP subscribers from the local network to the PSTN number capacity. If the operator has the existing TDM Switch with free V5.2 interfaces the gateway on the TDM network side looks as the V5.2 subscriber node while on the IP network side it looks as the IP Telephone Exchange where IP subscribers register (please see the figure).
In this option Terratel SIP to V5.2 Gateway connect with interface V5.2 as Local Exchange (LE).
Configuring SIP V5.2 Gateway and work with it
To operate the web interface you will need any web browser. The web interface of the product supports 2 types of user accounts – “Administrator” and “User”. Description of rights for each type of the account as well as the method of changing the name and password are provided below in this manual. Configuration menu item allows to get access to the control web interface forms that can be used to set up SIP/V5.2 Gateway product and save data in the product configuration file.
The best advantage is price, because it’s less than competitors have. So the same function, but lower price– the best choice.
V5.2 (V5, V5.1, V5.2) PSTN Interface Protocol
The protocol stack of V5.2 interface is used to connect the access networks (AN) to local exchanges (LE). V5.2 protocols are used with the following access methods:
- Access over analog lines;
- Access over ISDN BRI channels;
- Access over ISDN PRI (V5.2) channels;
- Other analog or digital access systems for semi-permanent connections without associated signaling information that is transmitted over the separate channel (outbound).
V5.2 interface uses 2048 kbps channels and it can work with 16 such channels at a time. When analog access is used then signaling from LE on the PSTN user port is converted into the functional part of V5.2 protocol to be transmitted to the AN side.
The control protocol is defined for ISDN users in V5.2 stack to exchange specific functions and messages that are required to provide coordination with the call control procedures in the LE.
To support the higher-level traffic and dynamic channel allocation the V5.2 protocol supports the following additional functions:
- The reference channel establishment protocol provides establishment and restoration of connections on requests identified by signaling messages under LE control.
- The channel control protocol is used to control channel identification and blocking as well as error processing for multichannel systems.
- The security protocol used with two channels for security reasons controls switching of the communication channel security system when failures occur.
The following protocols are defined at different V5.2 stack levels: V5-Link Control, V5-BCC, V5-PSTN, V5-Control, V5-Protection.
SIP and RTP
|up to 16 E1 links
up to 480 VoIP channels, 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet
Fast Ethernet, RS-232
|SIP, RTP, RTCP, TCP, UDP
SS7, ISDN PRI (DSS1), V5.2, V5.1, R2 MFC, CAS
|Feature Support||Voice codecs
Registration and Authentication
|G.711, G.723, G.726, G.729
RFC2833, SIP INFO, RFC 2976
fax over G.711, T.38 fax relay
up to 5000 SIP-subscribers
|Power||Single/Dual-redundant 220 VAC or/and 48/60 VDC Input
Up to 24W Power consumption
|Operating Environment||Operating temperature
|from 0°С to +60°С
up to 80% at +25°С
1U high, 19″ wide rack mountable
SIP/E1 Gateway Lite:
- SIP/E1 Gateway Lite (2Е1, 60 SIP channels, G.711 codec, echo G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway Lite (4Е1, 120 SIP channels, G.711 codec, echo G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway Lite (8Е1, 120 SIP channels, G.711 codec, echo G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway Lite (12Е1, 120 SIP channels, G.711 codec, echo G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway Lite (16Е1, 120 SIP channels, G.711 codec, echo G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway (2Е1, 60 SIP channels, G.711, G.726, G.729, T38 codecs, G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway (4Е1, 120 SIP channels, G.711, G.726, G.729, T38 codecs, G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway (8Е1, 240 SIP channels, G.711, G.726, G.729, T38 codecs, G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway (12Е1, 360 SIP channels, G.711, G.726, G.729, T38 codecs, G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway (16Е1, 480 SIP channels, G.711, G.726, G.729, T38 codecs, G.168)