Upgrade and migration of digital line units DLUs EWSD switching system into VoIP Network
- Provides Connection of EWSD DLUs
- Supports Measuring of Subscriber Line Parameters
- Supports SS7, DSS1, V5.2
- SIP, RTP, RTCP, TCP, UDP
- Supports SIP-T, SIP-I
- voice codecs G.711, G.723, G.726, G.729
- fax over G.711, T.38 fax relay
Terratel iDLU Media Gateway is designed for migration digital line units DLU subscriber stativs of EWSD system into NGN/IMS next generation networks and upgrade them so that they could be used as a full-featured SS7 Telephone Exchange or subscriber remote node.
Terratel iDLU Gateway will keep existing subscribers, save your investments, reduce operating costs and provide new features of the next generation networks.
Access media gateways make it possible to migrate EWSD subscriber equipment to next-generation networks (NGN / IMS) or reconstruct an existing TDM network with minimal investment.
Brief technical specification
- Up to 3712 POTS for DLU-G
- Up to 1920 POTS for DLU-B/DLU-D
- Up to 952 POTS for DLU-A
- Up to 16 E1 interfaces
- Up to 480 VoIP channels
- Support of signaling and protocols SIP, SIP-I, SIP-T, interface DLU, SS7, DSS1, V5.2
- Dimensions: 1U height, 19″ height for mounting into a telecommunications rack or stative
- Support of one/two power sources 220 VAC or 48/60 VDC
Connection and migration of existing subscribers of EWSD switching system to multiservice NGN communication networks via DLU
iDLU Media Gateway access without significant installation and commissioning work allows for a radical reconstruction of the switching system EWSD.
As a result, all existing subscribers through the integration of subscriber cabinets DLU and iDLU Media Gateway are serviced by the SoftSwitch.
- No need to replace the access equipment (DLU, ISDN PRI, V5.x)
- Operating concurrently in TDM and VoIP networks
- Numbering plan is kept fully the same
- Measurement of parameters of a subscriber line
Reuse HW EWSD to update TDM network
iDLU Media Gateway allows the Operator to reuse the subscriber cabinets of the DLU EWSD digital switching system as a terminal PBX with SS7 signaling system or subscriber removal.
- Converting subscriber extension or DLU stative to full-fledged PBX
- Support for an existing numbering plan
- Measurement of subscriber line parameters
Measurement of subscriber line parameters
To measure the parameters of the subscriber line, a measurement module is used, which is a software tool.
The module for measuring subscriber line parameters is fully adapted with standard DLU EWSD commands, which allows you to emulate (replace) line test PC (LT-PC) operation.
A software module models an interface that is equivalent to a subscriber line.
Data and commands for testing and measurement are entered through the Telnet interface.
The following types of measurements are possible:
- insulation resistance measurement (for A/G, B/G)
- loop resistance measurement (for A/B)
- capacitance measurement (for A/G, B/G, A/B)
- stray voltage measurement (for DC, AC, A/G, B/G, A/B)
The result of measurements and tests is reduced to a summary table (Pic 4.), where:
- DC – constant voltage
- AC – alternating voltages
- R – resistance
- C – capacity
- A/B – values between wires A and B
- A/G – values between wire A and ground
- B/G – values between wire B and ground
Operators can invoke the available commands by entering the relevant data (all parameters related to this command are displayed in the “work window”).
Benefits of Proposed Solution
Terratel iDLU Gateways allow to migrate the EWSD subscriber equipment to the next generation networks (NGN/IMS) or modify the existing TDM network with minimum investments.
It will save your infrastructure costs by using traditional TDM network and facilitate quick deployment of VoIP services which will help to increase revenue opportunities.
Since Terratel iDLU media Gateways support SS7, ISDN PRI and V5.2 protocols they provide for flexible deployment and connection of other TDM systems.
|Network Interfaces||TDM |
SIP and RTP
|up to 16 E1 links |
up to 480 VoIP channels, 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet
Fast Ethernet, RS-232
|Signaling Protocols||IP |
|SIP, SIP-T, SIP-I, RTP, RTCP, TCP, UDP |
SS7, ISDN PRI (DSS1), V5.2
|Feature Support||Voice codecs |
Registration and Authentication
|G.711, G723.1, G.726, G.729a/b, GSM |
RFC2833, SIP INFO, RFC 2976
fax over G.711, T.38 fax relay
up to 5000 SIP-subscribers
|Power||Single/Dual-redundant 220 VAC or/and 48/60 VDC Input |
Up to 24W Power consumption
|Operating Environment||Operating temperature |
|from 0°С to +60°С |
up to 80% at +25°С
|Hardware||System Type |
1U high, 19″ wide rack mountable