VOIP Gateway for SIP network to SS7 interconnection
- up to 16 E1 interfaces
- up to 480 VoIP channels
- SS7 (supporting subsystem MTP2, MTP3, ISUP)
- ISDN PRI, V5.2, V5.1, R2 CAS, R2 MFC
- SIP, RTP, RTCP, TCP, UDP
- voice codecs G.711, G.723, G.726, G.729
- registration and authentication – up to 5000 SIP-subscribers
- fax over G.711, T.38 fax relay
- Single/Dual-redundant 220 VAC or 48/60 VDC
Possible Titles SS7 Signalings – Signaling System #7, CCS7 Common Channel Signaling System 7, C7, CCITT7, N7, Signalisierungssystem Nummer 7.
We offer the SS7/SIP Gateway for upgrading telephone networks featuring multiple SS7 interfaces.
SS7 to SIP Gateway supports the following signaling protocols:
- SS7 (or Signaling System #7, CCS7 Common Channel Signaling System 7, C7, CCITT7, N7 Signalisierungssystem Nummer 7);
- ISDN PRI (or Euro-ISDN, E-DSS1, simply EDSS1);
- R2 CAS;
- R2 MFC;
- R2 DTMF.
There are 2 options for using this gateway based on tasks to be solved.
SS7 to SIP Gateway
Option 1 is used when it is required to replace the TDM Switch with the SoftSwitch. If multiple subscriber nodes are connected to the TDM Switch over the SS7 interface they can be switched to the SoftSwitch using the gateway as indicated on the following figure.
In this case the SS7 interface disconnects from the TDM Switch and connects to the gateway that is connected to the SoftSwitch via the SIP data communications network.
SIP to SS7 Gateway
Option 2 is used when it is required to connect VoIP subscribers from the local network to the PSTN number capacity. If the operator has the existing TDM Switch with free SS7 interfaces the gateway on the TDM network side looks as the SS7 subscriber node while on the IP network side it looks as the IP Telephone Exchange where IP subscribers register (please see the figure).
IP-PBX supporting value added services
This functionality allows to use the gateway as IP-PBX that can register up to 1000 SIP subscribers and provide them with value added services. In addition the gateway software allows to “display” TDM network subscribers (for example, subscribers of remote exchange capacities connected to the gateway over V5.2) with SIP accounts of VoIP network with assigned authentication parameters.
Configuring SIP/SS7 gateway and work with it
To operate the web interface you will need any web browser. The web interface of the product supports 2 types of user accounts – “Administrator” and “User”. Description of rights for each type of the account as well as the method of changing the name and password are provided below in this manual.
Configuration menu item allows to get access to the control web interface forms that can be used to set up SIP/SS7 Gateway product and save data in the product configuration file. This menu item contains the following subitems: dialplans, modifiers, routes, SIP Accounts, Е1 Links, signaling profiles, SS7 configurations, V5.2 Configurations, E1 Port Settings, users and device settings.
Generally you can easily change all parameters. To learn about the status of the device, TDM or SIP channel, you must go to the “Diagnostics” section.
The best advantage is price, because it’s less than competitors have. So the same function, but lower price– the best choice.
SIP and RTP
|up to 16 E1 links
up to 480 VoIP channels, 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet
Fast Ethernet, RS-232
|SIP, RTP, RTCP, TCP, UDP
SS7, ISDN PRI (DSS1), V5.2, V5.1, R2 MFC, CAS
|Feature Support||Voice codecs
Registration and Authentication
|G.711, G.723, G.726, G.729
RFC2833, SIP INFO, RFC 2976
fax over G.711, T.38 fax relay
up to 5000 SIP-subscribers
|Power||Single/Dual-redundant 220 VAC or/and 48/60 VDC Input
Up to 24W Power consumption
|Operating Environment||Operating temperature
|from 0°С to +60°С
up to 80% at +25°С
1U high, 19″ wide rack mountable
SIP/E1 Gateway Lite:
- SIP/E1 Gateway Lite (2Е1, 60 SIP channels, G.711 codec, echo G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway Lite (4Е1, 120 SIP channels, G.711 codec, echo G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway Lite (8Е1, 120 SIP channels, G.711 codec, echo G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway Lite (12Е1, 120 SIP channels, G.711 codec, echo G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway Lite (16Е1, 120 SIP channels, G.711 codec, echo G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway (2Е1, 60 SIP channels, G.711, G.726, G.729, T38 codecs, G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway (4Е1, 120 SIP channels, G.711, G.726, G.729, T38 codecs, G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway (8Е1, 240 SIP channels, G.711, G.726, G.729, T38 codecs, G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway (12Е1, 360 SIP channels, G.711, G.726, G.729, T38 codecs, G.168)
- SIP/E1 Gateway (16Е1, 480 SIP channels, G.711, G.726, G.729, T38 codecs, G.168)