The live broadcast of the telephone signal from the IP network to the cellular network
VoIP-GSM gateway is also called SIP-GSM gateway. It is a device that is responsible for the live broadcast of the telephone signal from the IP network to the cellular network, and then back again. Through this process of saving mechanisms are consistent and they are implemented through the use of GSM-gate together with office phone systems, which are based on VoIP-technology.
Voice Gateway is set to reduce the more intelligent use of your company’s spending on telephone. If you select the appropriate tariff for your company, then it will reduce the cost of telephony by approximately 30%. If that call-center or some other organization, which for the most part a lot of calls, then this is a very significant savings.
However, using the GSM gateway is explained not only by economic considerations but also functional. Many of the useful features are not available with standard PBX. Inside the company, communication will be carried out much faster, but in the end it will be an indicator of quality in the competition of various companies. Especially if this is functional in taxi services, internet commerce. Service Food and various other services.
Types of VoIP GSM gateways
- Single-channel gateways. They are intended for home or small office. They allow you to call in GSM networks, using conventional landlines, or the office IP-ATC.
- Multi-channel gateways. These gateways are corporate clients. Gateways are the most high-performance and can simultaneously support several dozen involved SIM-cards. Corporate gateways are often used by large call-centers that call on customers’ mobile phones.
VoIP GSM Gateway works
Any gateway phone must be connected to a PBX company. At the same time, it does not matter who is the manufacturer of your PBX type and how you use it. For any kind you can pick up your option gateway. This phone must be connected to the gateway internal and external urban telephone lines. For everything to work, you must configure table rules:
1. Favorable calls within the country. To begin with, the company enters into a contract with the provider SIp telephony. In fact, most conventional phone service providers also offer services to SIP, but this is not always known. So, it is not necessary to look for some mysterious providers sufficiently clarified in an existing one, whether it offers such services. Then all calls that start intercity codes beginning to get on the VoIP gateway. That is, if you type in the code of another city, then for the phone number, the call initially falls on the VoIP gateway, and only then to the end user. The gateway converts your call from the PSTN to the Internet, and thus it is already charged at the rates SIP-telephony provider. Significant savings are achieved due to the fact that tariffs from the SIR providers flexible enough, and everyone can choose the most convenient for themselves, as opposed to the standard telephony.
2. Favorable international calls. The rule of international calls is the same as on the inside. Most providers have a SIP connection rates are much lower than fixed-line operators.
3. Favorable calls to mobile phones. All calls that start codes of the mobile operator, must pass through the VoIP GSM gateway, and get on the SIM-card operator. Then the call is already on the specific corporate rate, which is set by the mobile operator.
Review of telephony gateways
We noticed that every individual is different gateway functional characteristics, but they all have their own characteristics and the basic common features that we describe here:
- The capacity of the equipment. It may be different as a single-channel and multi-channel. If you have a very high traffic. then you can opt for the eight-telephony gateway. That is, one number at a time can get through 8 people
- A variety of designs. The gateway can be installed simply on a table, or let’s say. placed in the telecommunications rack. Then, its dimensions should be 19 inches
- Interface to connect to the PBX. It can be both digital and analog
- Supports SIP protocols
- The presence of a variety of security features such as access control lists, user authentication, etc
- Receiving and sending faxes. In addition, you have the ability to connect an analog fax machine
- Subscribe and receive SMS. But in most cases this will require special software
- Maintain a variety of phone functions. Often this is call forwarding, voice recording greetings, collecting call statistics
- The configuration is done via the web-interface
- Firmware, which is constantly updated
- Function Call back
Types of telephony gateways
Voice telephony gateways can be of various types, and to you it was easier to determine which gateway is needed for your company, give their response here:
- VoIP gateway – a device that allows you to convert the PSTN voice traffic in the Internet (data network)
- GSM gateway – it allows you to transfer traffic from the fixed telephone network supporting mobile standards GSM. The same principle works for other gateways, but they are not widespread. This CDMA and UMTS gateways devices
- VoIP GSM Gateway – its function is to transfer voice traffic from the Internet directly to the network operator’s mobile standard, GSM. And it can also work in reverse.